- $10 per day
- Pay at the small shed in the middle of the campground.
- Most trails are accessible to stock (unmodified) four wheel
- Individual trails vary in length up to 3.0 miles.
- Many trails provide obstacles requiring the use of a spotter
or trail guide
- Some areas may be traversed in a different manner greatly
increasing or decreasing the technical difficulty of the
- Some obstacles do not have provisions for bypassing
- Trail system is open year-round, however winter snow and icing
can make some obstacles particularly treacherous
- Trail system accommodates beginner-to-intermediate levels
with guidance and provides challenging 4x4 experiences for
experienced drivers with purpose-built vehicles
- Trail ratings range from 2-7 [1-10 scale]
- The trails system started as former and existing logging
trails cut into mountainous terrain.
- The terrain is rolling, with several steep, winding trails
and many creek crossings.
- Rock outcroppings and steep drop-offs are common, with the
majority of trail obstacles being rock formations surrounded by
- Several trails consist of traveling through creeks for an
- Some areas offer exposed rock obstacles and steep hill
- Campsites with amenities are:
- Callantee ATV & Campground
784 Furnace Creek Rd, Mountain City, TN 37683
- Johnson County Welcome Center Campground
716 S. Shady Street, Mountain City, TN 37683